KDD - Gen 2 - CNC Ported Aluminum Head Set 2003-2007 6.0 Powerstroke
Our Gen 2 CNC Ported Head Features:
- All Aluminum Design, premium alloy cast to KDD specs
- Dowel Size 18mm (Not available in 20mm, we can provide assistance in retrofitting 18mm heads on 06-07 engines
- Premium Stainless Valves for extreme temperatures available
- Performance Valve Springs as standard equipment- 100 lbs Street Performance or 120 lbs Competition options
- 100% CNC port, optimized for industry leading airflow efficiency.
- Promotes lower cruising EGT’s, quicker turbo spool, more power with less boost, matched performance when combined with KDD camshafts!
- CNC ported on the latest DMG Mori 5 Axis Machine
- 3D Laser Scanned port with CAM Manufacturing Tool Paths
- Tested and measured using Superflow SF-600 Flowbench
- Machined in Race City USA- Charlotte North Carolina
- Assembled here in house at Kill Devil Diesel.
O-Ring Groove Features
We O-ring all of our 6.0 Powerstroke heads because it virtually eliminates the head gasket issues these engines were plagued with from the factory. A receiver groove is machined into the deck surface of the heads and our USA made stainless wire is pressed into the groove - the wire protrudes from the groove applying extra pressure to all layers of the MLS gaskets - sealing combustion pressure in the cylinder. The high carbon stainless wire we use won’t compress or deform over time and is reusable should you have the heads off of the engine for any reason in the future. Our O-ringed heads work with any standard “off the shelf” head gaskets, and don’t require any special machining of the block - just prep the deck surface ensuring the block is clean, dry, and flat.
Premium valve guides are diamond honed to size leaving a smooth cross-hatch finish in the valve guide similar to the cylinder bore, which provides superior oiling and wear resistance in the demanding diesel application. We then hand assemble the heads with our new USA made valves and springs to our proprietary blueprint-specifications, eliminating sloppy factory tolerances and correcting the poor valvetrain/lifter geometry. We use a quality bonded style valve stem seal so they don’t blow the seals apart like the factory crimped seals do. Kill Devil Diesel cylinder heads are 100% new so there is no core charge or return shipping to hassle with. The heads come ready to install, with a 12-month replacement warranty against defects in quality and workmanship.
Standard Quality Features in all KDD Cylinder Heads
- Pressure tested and vacuum checked.
- Blueprinted to proprietary valvetrain geometry, to alter valve height and valve recession for maximum reliability and longevity.
- New USA made high quality valve springs, retainers, locks, valve stem seals, freeze plugs, glow plug sleeves and injector sleeves.
- Valve spring pressure is tested and balanced to ensure consistent spring pressure across all valves
- The same industry leading O-ring design survived Diesel Power Magazine’s DPC torture test, claiming victory in 2016 and 2017.