SPE 6R140 PROPRIETARY SOLENOID BODY 2011-2016 FORD SUPERDUTY F250/F350/F450
SPE 6R140 Proprietary Solenoid Body
With the 6R and other solenoid controlled transmissions we do not use the terminology “shift kit”. It is not as simple as it used to be where you could change the hole sizes in a separator plate or stiffen up some springs. The new “valve bodies” don’t operate the same way. All fluid paths are basically controlled by solenoids, meaning almost all shift feel is done through tuning. Why purchase our SPE 6R140 solenoid body? Whether your truck’s stock, highly modified, or you’re a transmission builder and want to know what you’re buying, this is the best 6R140 valve body on the market.
Here are some of the things that we modify to help with our “solenoid” body functionality.
- SPE 6r140 Solenoid body starts from a brand new Ford Solenoid body, no cores are used to start with
- We start with adjusting fluid path and volume inside the internal fluid circuits
- All surfaces are faced for best fitment
- Billet plugs are used
- Each individual solenoid’s flow volume is measured and calibrated on a bench.
- We install our patented thermoreg control valve that drops the transmission operating temperature by 50 deg F. This helps with transmission fluid breakdown.
- Each SPE solenoid body comes with a programming card/tag just like it would from Ford thus they program the same way and it can be done at a dealer or with any capable scan tool.
- We back our valve bodies with a 1 year warranty against any kind of solenoid failure.